The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) will be administered to students in grade 2 from January 22-23. Nebraska requires all school districts to give a norm-referenced standardized achievement test at least once in elementary, middle, and high school. The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) is the norm referenced academic abilities test used in Lincoln Public Schools.
Testing times will be determined by grade level teams. Schedules were sent home in Wednesday folders.
During the testing periods, we encourage you to make sure your son or daughter is in school, unless they are ill. The best preparation for these tests is to come to school well rested with a positive attitude toward taking the tests.
CogAT test results will be shared with families as soon as they are available.
2nd Grade CogAT – January 22 (8:30 – 9:30 am and 12:30-1:35 pm)
2nd Grade CogAT – January 23 (8:30 – 9:30 am)
If you have a child who will begin Kindergarten next fall…
Our office would love to hear from you NOW (unless we’ve already spoken), as planning for our next school year is already in full swing. (402-436-1169). Ask for Chris.
Here are some helpful facts:
- Children with birth dates of 10/16/2012-7/31/2013 are eligible to begin kindergarten next fall (2018-2019)
- We are just starting the process of calling all of the potential students in our home area about which we are currently aware.
- If you (or your neighbor new to the area!) have not heard from us, please contact us today!
- Notification letters for students who completed an Application for Special Attendance Permit (to attend a school different from their home school) will be mailed out by Student Services.
- A registration booklet containing all the necessary forms will be mailed to families in early February.
Kindergarten Registration is March 7-8
- Wednesday March 7th from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Thursday March 8th from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Kindergarten Orientation will be announced at a later date, most likely in April.
District Information on kindergarten can be found here.
If you wish to have your child attend a school outside of your assigned attendance area for the 2018-2019 school year, you will need to fill out a Permit for Special Attendance. If you already have an active permit for your school of choice, you do not need to fill out another permit for the next school year. The Special Attendance Permit deadline is January 8, 2018. If you have questions about permitting to another school, please contact Mrs. Schirmer.
Cold weather will be coming very soon! Please remember to check the weather forecast each day to determine how to dress your child for school. It is helpful if you mark all jackets, coats, gloves, hats and scarves with your child’s name. This will help us get items back to the correct owner and out of the lost and found! Students will continue to go outside for recess unless the wind chill is 10 degrees or lower.
Students will also continue to line up outside in the mornings. If the wind chill is 10 degrees or lower, we will bring students inside in the morning.
You may not know, but we have a Lost and Found in our cafeteria. When an item is lost, we hang it up for the students to see when they are at breakfast or lunch. On Fridays, we hold up the items so children can claim their lost items. Please take a moment and check out our lost and found area in the cafeteria. Any items left at Zeman on 5/23/2018 will be donated.