If you have a child who will begin Kindergarten next fall…
Lincoln Public Schools is using a new online student registration system for kindergarten enrollment. This new online tool is now OPEN. Click here to start Kindergarten Online Student Registration .
Once on the LPS web page, you will see this button to begin.
- A family brand new to LPS should go to LPS website, click on the red “Enroll your student” button and follow the appropriate links.
- An existing LPS parent/guardian wanting to enroll a new child can log into their ParentVUE account and click the Online Registration button in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Please call us if you have any questions at 402-436-1169. Ask for Chris.
Here are some helpful facts:
Kindergarten Registration is March 6-7. This will be for families who need to hand in paperwork from online forms, or those needing assistance with online registration.
- Wednesday March 6th from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday March 7th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Kindergarten Orientation will be in April.
Kindergarten tested dates are 8/1/2014 – 10/15/2014. Appointments can be set in April. Testing dates are early summer.
District Information on kindergarten can be found here.
First day of school is Monday, August 12, 2019.
Zeman will hold Parent Teacher Conferences on Monday, January 28th, and Thursday, January 31st. If you do not have a conference date and time set up, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
I have completed the Lincoln Public Schools online student registration system for kindergarten enrollment and have received an email saying that my enrollment has been accepted. What are my next steps…..
All documents can be faxed to 402-458-3108, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Chris Dlouhy – Registrar) or brought into the Zeman School Office between 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Click here for online forms such as Physical Exam, Vision Evaluation etc.
- Certified Birth Certificate (You can keep original and office will make a copy of it.)
- Current Immunization Record
- Health History Form (Online registration is only giving us part of this information on this form.)
- Proof of Dental Examination
- Physical Examinations Requirements Form dated after 2/15/2019 (This can be a form from your Doctor or the LPS form.)
- Vision Exam
- Optional – Medical Statement for Students Requiring Special Meals Form
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to attend Kindergarten Registration in March
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Wednesday 3/6/2019
- 10:00 am – 4:30 pm Wednesday 3/7/2019
- If you want assistance doing online Registration, please come to Kindergarten Registration.
- If you want to do paper forms and avoid Online Registration, please come to Kindergarten Registration.
- If you have paperwork to hand in and would like hours available after 4:00 p.m., please come to Kindergarten Registration
- When is Kindergarten Orientation
- Kindergarten Orientation will be in April. This date has yet to be set. It will be in the evening.
- Who attends Kindergarten Orientation
- Parents/Guardians and next year Kindergarten student attends Kindergarten Orientation (Siblings should not attend.)
The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) will be administered to students in grade 2 from January 22-25. Nebraska requires all school districts to give a norm-referenced standardized achievement test at least once in elementary, middle, and high school. The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) is the norm referenced academic abilities test used in Lincoln Public Schools.
Testing times will be determined by grade level teams. Schedules were sent home in Wednesday folders.
During the testing periods, we encourage you to make sure your son or daughter is in school, unless they are ill. The best preparation for these tests is to come to school well rested with a positive attitude toward taking the tests.
CogAT test results will be shared with families as soon as they are available.
If you wish to have your child attend a school outside of your assigned attendance area for the 2019-2020 school year, you will need to fill out a Permit for Special Attendance. If you already have an active permit for your school of choice, you do not need to fill out another permit for the next school year. The Special Attendance Permit deadline is January 7, 2019. If you have questions about permitting to another school, please contact Mrs. Schirmer.
On days when the temperature (including wind chill) is greater than 10 degrees Fahrenheit or warmer, students will go outside for recess whenever weather allows. Students who bring boots to change into will be allowed to go in the snow; everyone else stays on hard surfaces so we don’t track too much muck onto our building’s beautiful floors.
Thank you for helping your student dress for warmth this season.
If you plan to go on a field trip with your child, you will need to apply to be a Level III volunteer though Lincoln Public Schools. Many parents have already applied to be a Level II volunteer status which allows you to volunteer in the classroom at school. A Level III volunteer status requires a background check. The background check can take up to 4 weeks to complete. Please plan ahead and submit your application for a Level III volunteer status well in advance of field trips. Only parents who have been cleared as Level III volunteers may attend field trips
- Go to the Zeman Website https://zeman.lps.org/
- In Center column, Under Quick Links, Select Volunteer Application
- In Volunteer Preference, select Field Trip/Chaperone
- Zeman Office will see that you want to be a Level III volunteer. We will request a Background Check from the District Office.
- District Office staff will request an Official Background Check.
- You will receive an email with steps that you will need to complete.
- Once your steps are completed, the Official Background Check can finish verification.
- Contact your child’s Homeroom teacher to let them know you want to be a Field Trip Chaperone
If you plan to eat lunch with your child at school and you wish to purchase a school lunch, please bring exact change. A school lunch for an adult is $3.65. If you do not have exact change, please stop in the Zeman front office and have them make change for you.
Do you shop at Amazon.com? If so, there is a way to support Zeman School by shopping on Amazon.com! Amazon has a program called AMAZON SMILES. With every anonymous purchase, a percentage will be given back to our PTo! When purchasing items through Amazon follow these simple directions to support Zeman School:
- Go to smile.amazon.com/
- Select ‘Zeman PTO’
- Bookmark the Amazon Smile site
- Go shopping!
When you shop with Amazon Smile, you will now support Zeman PTO!
New Lunch Procedures
We start serving breakfast at 7:45 each morning. We do not have supervision before 7:45. Please do not leave your child unattended before 7:45. If your child walks to school or is dropped off for breakfast, please make sure your child arrives in time to eat. We have some students arriving at 8:15 and asking to eat breakfast. Children miss important class time when they are eating breakfast after school starts. If your child rides the bus and eats breakfast, we will serve your child breakfast as soon as they arrive.
We enjoy having parents join us during lunch at school. Due to class sizes and limited space, parents who come to eat with their child will sit at our square tables to the side of our cafeteria. We ask that you do not invite other children to join you at the square tables. This helps other children stay to their routine for lunch.
We also love having grandparents and other family and friends come and eat with students during lunch. If your child is going to have a visitor for lunch that is not a legal parent or guardian, we will need parent permission for the guest to visit your child at school. We want to make sure that children are safe and only coming in contact with approved visitors while on our campus. Please call the office and let us know if your child should expect a visitor for lunch. We appreciate your help with this new procedure.