Thursday, August 8th
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Meet your teachers in their classrooms! We look forward to seeing you there!
Homeroom Teacher Assignments
Classroom placement emails will be sent by homeroom teachers to parents at 8:30 am on Monday, August 5th!
Parent To Do before Open House
You may ask yourself, how can I be prepared for my child’s start of school. There are just three easy steps.
- Have you set up your ParentVue account? This only needs to be done once, so if you have opened a ParentVue account, you are good to go. On July 22nd, Parents needing to set up a ParentVue account received an email with their activation code. If you need assistance with ParentVue please call 402-436-1169 or stop by the school office.
- Note: If you did Kindergarten Online Registration, you have already set up your ParentVue account. However, your spouse will still need to set up a ParentVue account.
- Verify/Change your child’s information such as phone number, email, address etc through online verification between July 15th and August 31st. Please visit https://synergyvue.lps.org/ to access and log in to your ParentVUE account to complete online verification.
- On this page you will find instructions if you need assistance to complete how to complete online verification.
- How will your child Arrive/Dismiss from School. Fill out our “Arrival & Dismissal Electronic Form” for each student on the Zeman Website under Zeman Resources.
First Day of Classes
Classes begin at 8:15 a.m. on Monday, August 12th. Zeman Elementary School will dismiss early at 1:33 during the first three days of school (August 12-August 14th). The hours of school the first three days will be 8:15 a.m. to 1:33 pm. Beginning Thursday, August 15th, students will be dismissed at 2:53 p.m.
LPS Online Verification
Each year parents are required to update their child’s information such as phone number, email address, etc. with their school. Parents update this information through the LPS Online Verification process on ParentVue. Contact our school office at 402-436-1169 or click for Online Verification assistance.
Some Hints for Online Verification
- Online Verification can be done on a smart phone only if you access it through Safari or Google Chrome. It is not available through the ParentVue phone app.
- Once you log onto ParentView you will see the Online Registration button in the top right corner to start the Online Verification process.
- Once inside of Online Verification, you can change your address, phone number etc. just like you could on the paper form of census sheets.
- Final Step, you must click box “I have reviewed all registration data and verified that it is correct” and press the submit button .
Need a ParentVue Account
It is Zeman’s goal to have every parent sign up for ParentVue. This only needs to be done once, so if you have opened a ParentVue account, you are good to go. On July 22nd, Parents needing to set up a ParentVue account received an email with their activation code. If you need assistance click here for ParentVue Getting Started Documentation.
ParentVUE is a secure, private website that allows parents and guardians easy access to their students’ real-time information. In addition to the online verification portion, you will be able to track attendance, see class websites, view report cards, and access Special Education documents. Each parent or guardian with educational rights for the child(ren) is assigned an individual ParentVUE account.
Note: If you did online kindergarten registration for your incoming 2019-2020 kindergarten student, you have already set up your ParentVue account. Your spouse, however, will need to set up their own ParentVue Account code. All incoming kindergarten families will need to complete Online Verification in July/August.
Forgot my ParentVue Password
If you have previously activated your ParentVUE account, but can’t remember your username or password, you can reset your account information at https://synergyvue.lps.org/
Please call us if you have any questions at 402-436-1169.
If you have a child who will begin Kindergarten next fall…
Lincoln Public Schools is using a new online student registration system for kindergarten enrollment. This new online tool is now OPEN. Click here to start Kindergarten Online Student Registration .
Once on the LPS web page, you will see this button to begin.
- A family brand new to LPS should go to LPS website, click on the red “Enroll your student” button and follow the appropriate links.
- An existing LPS parent/guardian wanting to enroll a new child can log into their ParentVUE account and click the Online Registration button in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Please call us if you have any questions at 402-436-1169. Ask for Chris.
Here are some helpful facts:
Kindergarten Registration is March 6-7. This will be for families who need to hand in paperwork from online forms, or those needing assistance with online registration.
- Wednesday March 6th from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday March 21st from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Kindergarten Orientation will be Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Kindergarten tested dates are 8/1/2014 – 10/15/2014. Appointments can be set in April. Testing dates are early summer.
District Information on kindergarten can be found here.
First day of school is Monday, August 12, 2019.
This is a quick check list of items that Zeman needs before your student starts kindergarten this fall. All documents can be faxed to 402-458-3108, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Chris Dlouhy – Registrar) or brought into the Zeman School Office between 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Click here for online forms such as Physical Exam, Vision Evaluation etc.
|Kindergarten Item Check List
|Census Sheet or Online Registration
|Certified Birth Certificate (You can keep original and office will make a copy of it.)
|Current Immunization Record
|Health History Form or Online Registration
|Proof of Dental Examination
|Physical Examinations Requirements
|Parental Acknowledgement of Instructional Technologies in LPS Elementary Classrooms (Authority to use computer at Zeman) or Online Registration
Picture day will be held on Thursday, September 5th in the morning. If you are not happy with your child’s school pictures, please return your pictures on the day of picture re-takes. If you need a new order form, please contact the Zeman office.
Picture Day ID for 9/5/2019 (Original Photo) – unknown at this time
Picture Day ID for 10/15/2019 (Re-Take Photo) – unknown at this time
Electronic Fee Waivers
The District’s policy is to provide fee waivers in accordance with the Public Elementary and Secondary Student Fee Authorization Act. Students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunches are generally provided a fee waiver or are provided the necessary materials or equipment without charge. The District will generally furnish students with specialized equipment and attire for participation in extracurricular activities and for use of a musical instrument in optional music courses that are not extracurricular activities. Participation in a free-lunch program or reduced-price lunch program is not required to qualify for a fee waiver. Students or their parents must request a fee waiver prior to participating in or attending the activity, and prior to purchase of the materials, and the fee waiver must be submitted prior to the time the fee is due or the time the specialized equipment or attire is needed.
The fee waiver is completed electronically and will be available July 1st under Popular Pages on the homepage of the district website, www.lps.org, under the Free/Reduced Lunch link. A paper application is available in school offices for individuals unable to access the online application. Additional information concerning fee waivers, including what items are covered by the waiver, is available in the Important Information Handbook or by contacting the principal of your child’s school.
Discount: Student Electronic Device Optional Coverage,
Not covered: Summer school classes
Copies, PE clothes, Science Fair materials, Post-secondary fees, Student IDs, Locker usage, Parking
Not covered: Required physical, practice swim suit, cheerleading shoes, jazz band shirts and pants, forensics competition attire, travel meals, locker use, athletic clinics, state and national activities, admission to plays, dances, etc., senior recognitions
I have completed the Lincoln Public Schools online student registration system for kindergarten enrollment and have received an email saying that my enrollment has been accepted. What are my next steps…..
All documents can be faxed to 402-458-3108, emailed to email@example.com (Chris Dlouhy – Registrar) or brought into the Zeman School Office between 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Click here for online forms such as Physical Exam, Vision Evaluation etc.
- Certified Birth Certificate (You can keep original and office will make a copy of it.)
- Current Immunization Record
- Health History Form
- Proof of Dental Examination
- Physical Examinations Requirements Form dated after 2/15/2019 (This can be a form from your Doctor or the LPS form.)
- Vision Exam
- Optional – Medical Statement for Students Requiring Special Meals Form
The office staff are available at Zeman all summer from 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.