http://smartmuseum.uchicago.edu/smartkids/ smartart kids, learn about artists, vocabluary, and works of art.
Sanford Site Art products and resources for creative individuals from beginner to advanced
search and explore for information agbout art and artists.
Variety of art activities From the Smithsonian
George Washington PortraitFollow clues to learn about George Washington’s portrait.National Portait Gallery
A Puerto Rican Carnival Experience a Puerto Rican carnival and design your own mask!American History Museum
Art of the Stamp Read about the artwork on stamps and then design your own stamp. National Postal Museum
Ask Joan of Art Do you have a question about American art ? You can ask it online!American Art Museum
Bottlecaps to Brushes Follow Cappy the giraffe on an adventure through American art.American Art Museum
Short films, and some background on how their
computer animated movies are made
legal images to use in lessons
Destination Modern Art – Blast off to the Museum of Modern Art in Queens. Activities are all designed for elementary (ages 5 to 8). Even older students will enjoy this quick overview of some of our favorite artists (Van Gogh, Bearden, Kahlo – more).
National Gallery of Art -Art Zone-Create your own mobile online Collage Machine is fun for children of all ages. Click a picture and see what happens,Need Shockwave.
Eyetricks.com – Optical Illusions – A site devoted to optical illusions and other mind teasing oddities!
Dino Flip book From the Filed Museum-For FUN , make your own flip book and watch the T. Rex run!-Student print and make.
Matisse for Kids at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Fun interactive site where you learn about Matisse’s paintings and then collect patterns and objects to make your own Matisse style work of art. Sign and print your work.
Inside Art-Stuck in a Van Gogh painting the visitor must learn about the artist from a friendly fish. Great interaction site. Good for 3rd-6th
Escher Paint . On the blank square use your mouse to draw and watch it duplicate.
An online art adventure! Inside Art-An interactive sitew for children to learn about a few masterworks.
Pintura:Art Detective-Art History at its most entertaining.Great site for intermediate students.
- drawing board A site to draw what you want in a digital media style.
- Mr.PicassoHead Create a picasso portrait
- Drawing Sites ……
- Architecture Site …..
- Design a playground Be a designer and help design a park
- Create your own online sculpture
- Albright-Knox Artgames
- Albright-Knox Artgames Albright-Knox Artgames This site features fantastic interactive art education activities for early to mid-elementary students ages 4-12.
- Art Puzzles . Try these different modern and contemporary art puzzles. Three levels to choose from and they change every month!
- Mona Lisa Jigsaw . See if you can put the Mona Lisa back together…it’s not as easy as it seems. Created by Mrs. Derby Match the artists to their paintings. Created by Truleigh Thiebaud
- Art Games -From Dick Blick Art Materials – These fun and educational Art Games teach through updated versions of classic games. A special set of art cards are used to play
Teacher / Parent Sites
100 top sites
Kinderart, numerous lesson plans
ARTnet Nebraska is an online resource for general classroom teachers and art specialists, which focuses on the exploration, integration and application of the visual arts in education settings.
An excellent resource for lesson plans. ARTSEDGE empowers educators to teach in, through, and about the arts by providing the tools to develop interdisciplinary curricula that fully integrate the arts with other academic subjects.
World Wide Art Resources – This interactive arts gateway will give you access to artists, museums, galleries, high quality art, art history, arts education, antiques, dance, theater, classified ads, resume postings, arts chats, discussion forums and much more.