2023 HOLIDAY PROGRAMS LINCOLN, NE
Catholic Social Services: 2241 O Street / 402.474.1600 / Will need to complete an application if you haven’t received their services before. Provide photo ID.
● Thanksgiving: Taking requests now until all food is reserved. Pick up will be Nov 17th (9am-12pm & 1-4pm)
● Operation Santa Claus: You must come in person to complete an application. Applications are accepted
from 9am-12pm from Oct. 30 to Nov 10. Pick up on Dec 20th and 21st.
● Christmas Food Baskets: Starting Nov 27th call to request your basket. Orders filled as supplies last. Pick
up on Dec 20th between 9am-12pm & 1-4pm.
Center for People in Need (CFPIN): 3901 N. 27th Street Unit 1 / 402.476.4357 / Need to register for a CFPIN card before receiving services: Photo ID required to register for card. Will need to renew or apply for CFPIN card by Nov 19 to have in time for Thanksgiving. Must register in person to get a card during distribution times Monday-Friday (10am-1pm and 4-6pm on Tuesday).
● Thanksgiving: Nov 20 (10am-2pm & 3-7pm), Nov 21 (10am-2pm & 3-7pm), & Nov 22 (10am-3:30pm)
● Toy Land for Kids: Child you are shopping for must be on CFPIN card. Dec 20, 21, 22. Need to register for your time to shop first. Will pick toys by age group and possibly stocking stuffers.
City Impact: Gifts of Love: 1035 N. 33rd Street / 402.477.8080 / Register in person Nov 3rd (9am-7pm), Nov 4th (9am-1 pm), Nov 10th (9am-7pm), OR Nov 11th (9am-1pm). You will get a follow up email of when your shopping day would be. Gifts of Love store runs Dec 12th and 14th for City Impact Program participants OR Dec 15th and 16th to community members who registered. Need: current photo ID, SS card for each child (or Medicaid card, 2022 tax return, passport, gov issued ID), & one of the following: LPS free lunch, letter with SNAP case #, recent pay stub for each adult.
KFOR Operation Santa Claus: providing an individual toy of choice to children 1-13 years old, or up to 16 if the child is mentally or physically challenged. Duplicate registration checked. Can register at: Catholic Social Services, El Centro De Las Americas, Lancaster Veterans Service center, Lancaster City Health Dept, Malone Center, Ponca Tribe of NE, Region V Systems, Hope Spoke, NE Family Center & Voices of Hope. Check with individual agencies for registration times and dates but only sign up through one agency.
Malone Center: 2032 U Street / 402.474.1110 / Holiday Food Giveaway on Nov 19th from 11am-5pm at Saint Paul United Methodist Church (1144 M Street, Lincoln, NE 68508). Live music, free food, giving away coats, hats, gloves, socks, and underwear while supplies last.
Matt Talbot: 2121 N. 27th Street / 402.477.4116
Thanksgiving: evening meal only Nov. 25th from 5:30-6:30pm.
Christmas Eve & Day: lunch from 11:30am-12:30pm & dinner from 5:30-6:30pm.
Peoples City Mission Help Center: 6800 P Street / 402.475.6888 or 402.217.2981 / Please come in person
to complete info for Clarity Card prior to the date needed. Items are first come, first serve.
● Thanksgiving: Drive through food basket giveaway Nov. 18th from 9:30am-11:30pm.
● Santa’s Workshop: Dec. 14th from 9am-12:30pm. Will give away new toys for children of all ages.
Salvation Army: 2625 Potter Street / 402.474.6263 / Must come in person to register. Please bring Photo ID, proof of address, and proof of household size. You will set up a time to pick up baskets when registering.
● Thanksgiving box: Sign up for baskets Oct 30 – Nov 16th. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (10am-12pm and 1-4pm)
● Christmas Gift Assistance: Sign up for food baskets and/or gifts through the Angel Tree program. Sign up begins Nov 27th and continues on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (10am-12pm & 1-4pm). You will
need to provide your children’s ages/gender and proof that they are in the home (Medicaid card/SSN/ID)