If you have a child who will begin Kindergarten next fall…
Lincoln Public Schools is using an online student registration system for kindergarten enrollment. This online tool is now OPEN. Click here to start Kindergarten Online Student Registration .
Once on the LPS web page, you will see this button to begin.
- A family brand new to LPS should go to LPS website, click on the “Enroll your student for school” button and follow the appropriate links.
- An existing LPS parent/guardian wanting to enroll a new child can log into their ParentVUE account and click the Online Registration button in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Please call us if you have any questions at 402-436-1169. Ask for Chris.
Here are some helpful facts:
- Children with birth dates of 10/16/2015 – 7/31/2016 are eligible to begin kindergarten next fall (2021-2022).
- Notification letters for students who completed an Application for Special Attendance Permit (to attend a school different from their home school) will be mailed out by Student Services by the end of March or early April. In the past, this date was earlier. This year permits will wait until the Remote Learning Program signup is complete on Feb 18 and then staffing conferences which are the end of March.
- A registration booklet will not be mailed to families. Click here for online forms such as Physical Exam, Vision Evaluation etc.
Kindergarten families who need to hand in paperwork, or those needing assistance with online registration can stop by the Zeman office between 7:30 am and 4:00 p.m. or call 402-436-1169.
Kindergarten Jumpstart will give children an opportunity to experience what school is like before the first day! For more information see our Kindergarten Jumpstart Flier. Each student will need to register for Kindergarten Jumpstart. Kindergarten jumpstart registration is now closed. We will also have an in person parent informational meeting on July 28th from 10:00-11:00 am. Click here for the Kindergarten Presentation
Kindergarten tested dates are students with birth dates between 8/1/2016 – 10/15/2016. Starting 4/1/2021, Testing applications can be found on the district website by clicking here. Follow the instructions listed in section “Kindergarten Assessment Testing”.
District Information on kindergarten can be found here.
First day of school is Monday, August 16, 2021.
This is a quick check list of items that Zeman needs before your student starts kindergarten this fall. All documents can be faxed to 402-458-3108, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Chris Dlouhy – Registrar) or brought into the Zeman School Office between 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
|Kindergarten Item Check List|
|Census Sheet or Online Registration|
|Certified Birth Certificate (You can keep original and office will make a copy of it.) (You can also take a photo of it and email the registrar at email@example.com).|
|Current Immunization Record|
|Health History Form or Online Registration|
|Proof of Dental Examination|
|Physical Examinations Requirements|
|Parental Acknowledgement of Instructional Technologies in LPS Elementary Classrooms (Authority to use computer at Zeman) or Online Registration|